Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Grounds of Alexandria

OHMYGFree has been on holidays, thus why I haven't posted in a while (not because I've been lazy or studying!!).

I found cheap  flights ($70 return ticket) to Sydney a while ago, and thought I would treat myself to a weekend away after exams. Treat myself to a few delicious places Sydney had to offer. One of them being the oh so trendy The Grounds of Alexandria... an instragrammer's heaven (I feel like the whole of Sydney was made for insti). This place is a cafe/ garden (with a pig, called Kevin Bacon)/ bakery/ market/ restaurant and bar all rolled into one.  

The baked goods (NOT GF) but very insti worthy
We went to the Cafe there for brunch on a Friday, thinking there wouldn't be any of the weekend brunchers. How wrong were we.. there was a 30 minute wait (and like all cool places at the moment, they don't take bookings). But let me tell you guys, its worth it. 

Firstly, I have on numerous occasions complained about how shit soy based coffees can be (in taste and in appearance). Soy just never seems to look good... but take a look at this guys. A perfect creama on a  perfectly made soy flat white. So perfect in fact I had to order two. Now of course their coffee would be amazing, cause they are actually coffee roasters!

The perfect soy flat white
Because we were so late, we were on the cusp of the breakfast menu (finishes at 12) and the lunch menu (both looked amazing), we made up our minds quickly and opted for breakky! I ordered the Grounds Breakfast Board ($21), which was massive (lucky I was starving). Hidden under 2 slices of actually pretty good GF bread, was 2 chicken, sage and pistachio sausages, avocado topped with Danish feta and home made pesto, two runny poached eggs, roast tomato, baby beetroot and Spanish style prosciutto which went perfectly with the honey dew melon (seriously they were made for each other).

The Breakfast Board
The menu doesn't actually say if anything is GF, and I had to ask, but as I always say breakfast is the best meal for us Glutards, cause you just replace the bread with GF bread, so there are plenty of GF options. 

Oh My G-free rating – 8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment