Monday, December 8, 2014

The Boathouse

On my little getaway, I visited a friend in Palm Beach.... for those who don't know that's where Home & Away is filmed. As a tourist, I had to go see the 'set', as it turns out the Boathouse is where they film some shots. Its a cute little cafe (another insti worthy place), filled with fresh flowers and fruit. We came here just to have a coffee and something light (as we had a lovely homemade buckwheat crepes for breaky) but ended going little over board at the Boathouse (haha I know I am hilarious). 

An Instagrammer's heaven
Although not labelled GF, I asked the waiter  for some options and he was pretty knowledgeable with the menu. We said that pretty much everything on their lunch menu is GF (or can be made), except the chips. For all you non-glutards order the chips...they looked amazing! 


We ordered the Boathouse Salad with smoked salmon ($29) which was a quinoa with pomegranate, tamari  pepitas, sprouts, peas, half a very amazingly ripe avocado and labne. Perfect for a summer's day (in Summer Bay).. although it was rainy the day we went.


Keeping with the seafood theme, we also shared the Market Fish ($27), which was trout, served on a bed of peas, asparagus and buckwheat. The fish was super fresh and tasty and came with a beautifully tangy basil pesto.

Not GF
It was my friend's birthday so we ordered pretty much all the cakes they had on offer. Word of warning, NOT GF. They didn't have any GF cakes (surprising seeing that they have a heap of savoury options), Anyway, they were really nice and served the cakes with a massive sparkler (thought that it was going to burn our cakes). Although I couldn't eat the cakes, I could have the lemon curd in the lemon tart and the meringue from the lemon meringue tart. Tasty, but nothing to write home about. 

You know we belong together......

Oh My G-free rating – 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment