Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chop Chop Chang's

I've found a fellow Glutard to eat out with, which is very exciting for me. It's hard going out with 'normal' people cause I feel bad when sharing that I have to order GF and I feel like I can't go to some places cause of its limited options, and lets be honest, I normally get jealous of them eating dumplings/cake/pies etc etc.

Anyway, spontaneously an old friend contacted me wanting to go out for dinner (sorry gym... food comes first). We wanted to go to Spaghetti House (I will go there at some point) but its closed on a Monday, so we decided to go to Chop Chop Chang's, where I've wanted to go for a while.

We ordered 3 dishes to shares... I felt like we ordered really well a good balance of everything (everything GF of course).


Banana Blossom Salad ($12) (served in a banana leaf, felt like I was in Thailand, but really just on a dirty sidewalk in West End), bamboo shoots, kombu, beans sprouts and green shallots. It was so fresh and crunchy... perfect to cool you down in summer.


Gai Yang Chicken Wings ($15) char grilled in tumeric (my new fave super food) served with a smokey sweet chilli sauce. They even give you a finger bowl cause they know your going to get dirty!


Wok Tossed Mooloolaba Prawns ($20) with rice noodles in a tamarind sauce, eggs and peanuts. This was just like a pad thai on steroids, the prawns were huge (albeit only 4 prawns), the sauce was not too sweet (perfect), and it also had some green beans and choi sum!


I had been checking out the menu all day deciding what I would get, in particular eyeing off the dessert. Although we were stuffed, we thought we'd treat ourselves for dessert. OMGF.... Coconut Ice Cream Sago ($14) with Jaggery Popcorn Crunch... you ask what is Jaggery Popcorn Crunch, I don't know but it was bloody delicious (I think it was just caramel popcorn). The sago was warm and had a brown sugary/caramel flavour..... yummm!

Can't wait to go on more adventures with my fellow glutard.

Oh My G-free rating – 7.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment