Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LONgTIME

I heard a place called LONgTIME just opened up (literally a week ago) and I thought I would take my friend who was visiting from the country (and by country I mean Ingham) there.  It was a complete surprise for her, I didn't tell her where we were going or what we were eating (I'll be honest I didn't really know either). So turns out its Thai but nothing like your local Thai place, think PIMPED up Thai.

The waitress was absolutely lovely. I asked her what was gluten free and she went into the kitchen and checked with the chef what was GF, which was pretty much everything on the menu (but 3-4 things). She was so cute, she even hand wrote what had gluten on the menu (of which I took home as a souvenir).

We were busy chatting away and so we ordered drinks first (see below cocktail), I forgot what it was called (I know I am hopeless), but it had spiced rum and pineapple, two of my favourite things. My friend ordered a sangria type cocktail (which was delish). 


To start we ordered the Smoked Rice Noodle Nachos with Coconut Cheese ($8)... now I was expecting nacho style chips made from rice, no no no, was I wrong.  It's hard to describe, they are these fat rice noodles covered in a smoky bbq sauce, with cheese and coconut milk (I think).  They were nice and kind of remind me of Japanese Okonomiyaki (for those who know what that is).

Na-cho Normal Nachos
As a main we shared the Ground Beef Yellow Curry with Lemon Grass, Garlic and Green Scuds ($23).  I was thinking we would get a typical yellow curry with coconut milk, again we were fooled. It was a dry curry and was exteremly hot (we were told after it was the hottest item on the menu). Luckily we had lots of rice, and it was served with a cucumber salsa. 

For some vege, we got the Wok Tossed Asian Greens of the Day in Spicy Thai Sauce ($10). This was delish... your typical Thai dish of water spinach, bokchoy, chilli and garlic. 

Curry on Fire 
All in all an amazing experience and great selection of GF. Next time I am going with a big group so we can try a whole lot more on the menu! 


Ps - how pretty was Brisbane on Saturday night?

Oh My G-free rating – 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment