Tuesday, November 4, 2014

La Rotisserie

Had a sneaky mid-week lunch at La Rotisserie in New Stead on Monday. I've seen this in Toowong and heard that they have quite an extensive GF menu of meats.

I asked the lady What is gluten free?". she looked at me blankly like I was an idiot and  said "Gluten free is food that doesn't contain any wheat based product".... yeah I know, I want to know what is gluten free on your menu! Anyway... there are lots of GF options, including the roast chicken, chips and salads. They had about 5-6 salads which change daily all were GF, ranging from garden salads to quinoa salads.

I opted for the La Piggie (on a plate, not in a roll for obvious reasons) slow cooked BBQ Pork with Coleslaw ($12) with 2 side salads ($10) - one was a red cabbage, walnut, parmesan and the other was a potato, bacon and pea salad.

There was a whole lot of meat, flavoured nicely in a tomato-y, smoked BBQ sauce. It came with a Coleslaw... which was quite average, but the side salads that I chose were gorgeous. The red cabbage one reminded me of one my Nana makes, but pimped up cause of the walnuts and parmesan. The potato salad was fresh, with lots of dill.

I was stuffed by the end of it, and it was hard to get back to work whilst in a food coma.


Oh My G-free rating – 7/10

La Rotisserie on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Ha that's some attitude from someone who can't even correctly describe what gluten-free means. Still it is good that they have an extensive range of gluten-free things!

    ReplyDelete