Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sol Natural Foods

The oh so famous Sol Breads Cafe have opened up Sol Natural Foods, which is like their cafes but bigger and more restaurant like. 

We did go on the wrong day though, we just decided to go their on a Thursday night... which apparently is movie night (yep I got excited about that). I asked if it was a private function, and was told it wasn't and that we could still eat and watch the 'movie'. As it turned out, it was a showing of some local guys on their trek to climb 8 peaks in 8 days. It kinda bummed the vibe, cause they talked about their adventure for about 30 mins and played their video so loud, to a point where we (the ones there to eat) felt like we couldn't talk to each other (I was tempted to just text my friend and converse that way). Anyway, I am not here to talk about that, I am here to talk about the food. 

So they do have their usual fridge cabinet selection like they do at their cafes, but here they have wood fired Pizza (obvs with GF bases). I ordered the Pumpkin Pizza... roast pumpkin, fetta, pesto, pine nuts and rocket ($14 plus extra for GF). It was meant to come with caramelised onion but they had run out so I got mushrooms instead. The base was a bit different to the other Glutard friendly bases I've had in the past, not bad, just different. I think they used rice flour as it was a bit dense (like everything GF) and had that sticky rice texture.  

They had quite a selection of GF salads as well in the cabinet. I ordered the fresh bean salad $8 (snow peas and bean) in an Asiany ginger soy dressing. It was a bit like a cold stir-fry.... in a good way, the beans were  crunchy and sweet. 

The desserts looked amazing too, but I was way too full to fit anything else in. Will have to save it for next time... on a movie night, where they actually play a real movie. 

To all you vegans as well, get excited they do vegan pizzas using nut cheese (I have no idea what that would taste like :-/) 

Oh My G-free rating – 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment