Sunday, October 26, 2014

Deedot Coffee House

Deedot Coffee House was recommended by a colleague of mine, I had always been reluctant cause its out in the burbs (Holland Park West!). But after checking out the Urban Spoon review (83%), decided to give it a go. 

It really is in the burbs, in a shopping strip off Logan Rd that has that white rendered facade thats from 1960's California. It must be a local favourite, cause there was a 10-15 min wait to be seated (in the mean time we went and got some scratchies). The hostess was lovely and when I asked her what was GF she went on to explain that they could make pretty much anything GF and to just tell the waitress when we ordered. 

When I ordered they did say there would be about a 25-30 min wait, but it actually came out quicker than that, or if felt shorter cause we were busy winning on our scratchies to put in our fun fund!!! 

I ordered the Stacks On ($16.50), on GF bread (pumpkin based I think), with smashed avo, crispy bacon, two poached eggs, haloumi, herbed cherry tomatoes on a bed of rocket, drizzled with balsamic glaze. To be honest, it was pretty average, the eggs were inconsistent, one was beautifully runny and the other was pretty hard. I feel like sometimes the way things are presented (i.e. on a wooden board) makes the food look sooo much better than it actually is.
Stacks on Stacks on Stacks
It was good, not amazing. If I was a local I would come back, but its a bit too far for something just average. 

Oh My G-free rating – 6/10

Deedot Coffee House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment