Sunday, September 28, 2014

Eat Street Markets

I've had a busy weekend! Went out for Brunch (my ramblings here) and also went to Eat Street! I think I am making up for the last two weeks I've been a slack ass.

In the past year Eat Street has become a Brisbane institution. Its essentially its where all the hipsters go on the weekend to eat and hang out with their French bull dogs. 

It has soooo many little stalls, you just don't know where to start. Well its easier for us glutards cause we are a bit limited.... can't have the Cronuts (wahhh, they looked amaze), pulled pork sliders, okonmiyaki (japanese pizza), dumplings, etc. etc. But don't fret there is still plenty for us special people. 

I went to Poulet & Porc, a cute little stall that had all their food displayed on a wooden board (sooooo hipster). A friend commented that that was not 'market' food, and I was demerited to prove him wrong. So I ordered the roast pork with cracking with quinoa salad ($13). And yep, it was awesome market food, because it was healthy (unlike his pancakes and bacon) and easy to eat. The meat was very tender and the crackling was well...crackling! The salad went perfectly cause it cut the fat of the pork and was drenched in an sticky orange dressing. Definitely worth it. 

What's crack a lackin, crackling?
So these are the babies that I talked about in my previous post. This is  pretty much the ONLY reason why I wanted to come here... Gluten Off GF doughnuts. They are fluffy, hot and dusted with plenty of sugar and cinnamon and did not disappoint. I thought about getting 10, but I ended up getting 2 ($5), oh well I'll just have to go back! 


Anyway, I know I'll be back to Eat Street (or my friend calls Fat Street), to try out more of the gluten-less foods, so hang around for the next installation!

Oh My G-free rating – 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment