Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Comfort At My Table

I love it when friends from interstate come up and visit me, it gives me a chance to prove to them that Brisbane is not a small country town and that there is a lot happening here with a decent food scene. 

My lovely friend T was visiting from Sydney this weekend so I thought I would take her to a few of my favourite places. 

I took her to Comfort At My Table which is a cute cute cute cafe which is down the road from me, that is famous for its all day breakfasts. The name says it all,  it serves home made 'comfort food'. On weekends its so busy, you have to make reservations or you will be going home stomach empty. 

I ordered the Comfort Eggs ($14.90), which is a plate of poached eggs, bacon, pesto, home made banana chutney, roasted roma tomato on glutard friendly bread of course!! The bread looked homemade but as usual a bit dry and I didn't end up eating it. You think I would learn from my mistakes and just not bother ordering with GF bread and save me the $2-4 extra for a piece of cardboard! Anyway, the banana chutney was interesting, think it would have been nice on bread but cause I didn't eat the bread, it was a bit wasted. But the eggs were poached perfectly to how I like it nice and runny! 


Comfort Eggs
The best thing about breakfasts is that the majority on the dishes can be made GF ... just minus the bread! The french toast looked amazing, but I wasn't going to ask for GF version of that (see rant above about GF 'bread'). 

T was quite impressed (coming from a Sydney girl...big call), she ordered the the Comfort Fry Up ($17.90), which is a served on a pan with bacon,  mushies, pork and fennel sausage,  fried egg served with cranberry relish, mustard and rocket with a slice of toasted multigrain. It looked awesome, thats for next time I go.

I just had a look on their website and apparently management has changed, to be honest I couldn't tell the difference, the food/service was exactly to what I was used to.


Oh My G-free rating – 6/10

Comfort at My Table on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment