Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Roesti Revolution

On a Saturday morning there's a high chance you'll find me at the West End markets. I am not really there to buy fresh fruit and veg but to get some breakfast and some coffee! I really should venture out and try some other GF options at the markets, but I just can't go past a roesti. I've never actually known the name of this place, I've just always called it the 'Roesti Man', because of the moustached German, that I think owns the joint. I did some research, and just so you know its called Roesti Revolution, and der German is Lutz. 

From Der Deutsche
Everything on the menu is glutard friendly and also diary free (wooo!) and they have about 8 or so different plates to choose from.  I used to get the 'Bad Boy', namely cause Lutz would always say (and I am sure not just to me) "a Bad Boy for a Bad Girl" (*insert German accent), which has two poached eggs and bacon, dolloped with their gyspy salsa. But my latest go-to is the Rocket Roesti, and because that's too 'healthy' (especially if I've had a big Friday night) I usually add a side of bacon. The roesti itself is like a gourmet hash brown... grated potatoes patties lightly fried to soft, golden crunchy goodness. The rocket salad that goes on top adds some freshness to the potatoes and is smothered in salsa verde and some sort of creamy dressing.

Roesti Goodness
I have attempted to make these at home, but let's be honest its never going to be as good as Lutz's, especially when its only $10 (extra for bacon)!

See you all there next Saturday!! 

Oh My G-free rating - 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment