Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Paw Paw Cafe

On Sunday I went to the Antique's Center in Wooloongabba (and ended up wanting to buy a whole lot of stuff that I didn't need/afford).  Whilst on that side of town, I thought I'd go to Paw Paw Cafe, cause I really enjoyed it when I went recently for a friend's birthday. 

Last time I went it was super packed (think we waited 40ish minutes for a table), but that was on a Saturday during prime time Brunching hours. When I went on Sunday at about 1pm, although busy we got a table straight away.


I don't think I've mentioned this before but I also try to avoid dairy where possible cause my stomach just does not agree with it (except for cheese, I can't say no to cheese). So I always have my coffee with Soy or Almond milk... but why is it that they always look like shit compared to your 'normal' milk coffees? Anyway, although it looked pretty average, the coffee was good (Campos) and was so glad I ordered it cause the food took a little while to arrive (or else I was going to get very 'hangry').

Looks 'Soy'  Crap but  Tastes 'Soy' Good
The menu is pretty awesome, especially for those special vegetarian, vegan and glutard peeps. Lots of options to change the items on the menu to make them friendly for all. Last time I went a got the breakfast platter with the falafel which was served with GF bread (was delish) and my friend ordered a vegan burrito (which looked amaze, wish I could have tried it but it wasn't GF). I thought I'd try something different this time and I ordered from the special's board a Chorizo Omelette ($17~). Although not labelled GF, I asked the friendly waitress and she checked with the Chef and said it was all good for me to have with GF bread.

The dish had a very Mexican feel about it. The omelette was nice and fluffy but plain, so it went well with the saltiness and spice of the chorizo (it was literally half a sausage). It came with an avocado, corn and tomato salsa, which was lacking a bit of liquid. The GF bread was just your standard GF bread that you get in places (small and doughy). 

Ola Omelette
Overall, the service was good, and it really is a good place for those with special dietary needs... places like this are rare. I don't think I've been to a place that actually offers options for Vegans so its really great to see. 

Oh My G-free rating - 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment