Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ben's Burgers

Been wanting to try out Ben's Burgers since it opened a couple of weeks ago. Of course the day we decide to go its bucketing down rain which I think that worked in our favour cause we didn't have to line up and none of the burgers were sold out, like they had in the past.

Like I said I had been looking forward to it for quite some time and built it up in my head that this would be the BEST burger ever and cause I heard somewhere or from someone that they had Glutard friendly buns. Just as we were about to leave to go there, I had a sudden panic attack that maybe I had imagined that they had GF buns and that may dreams would be ruined. So I called just to double check... and yes, hurray, they do have GF buns.

They have a pretty simple menu of only 3 burgers. The Special (beef patty, cheese, pickles, onion, jalapenos and special sauce), the BB Classic (beef pattty, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and mayo) and Vegetarian (Vege burger of mushroom, parmesan, Swiss cheese, pickle, lettuce, tomato, aioli and onion) (all $11 + extra for GF bun).


They seem to have a strict no alterations policy too, so its not really friendly for those who are lactose intolerant or have other dietary requirements (or if you just don't like pickles).

I ordered the BB Classic on GF bun (of course). The GF bread wasn't bad surprisingly (most of you know how bad GF bread can be!), though it was huge and I couldn't finish mine. The beef patty was cooked how I like it a little pink in the middle, though they doused it in way too much ketchup and mustard so I was practically swimming in sauce (not the place if you want to eat eloquently).

I also ordered fries too (think they were $5). I asked the waitress if they were GF, she checked with the Chef, and came back with the usual "it may be contaminated with wheat' crap that they always say. Shouldn't have ordered it anyway, cause they were pretty average fat cut fries, that were a bit soggy.

Ben's has that minimalist look that's so popular at the moment but to be honest it gives it an almost sterile vibe to it, not the best atmosphere.


Oh My G-free rating – 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment